Customer Login | 
homeBuy WineAbout usWine blogEventsProducersContactWine ClubLINKS

cj wines image

phone 01223 265589
KEEP IN TOUCH
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER

Chateau Rosalcy


Wine has been in the blood of the Petit family since the eighteenth century but they did not buy this particular Château until 1998. Situated in the commune of Néac, what makes this property so special is the south-west facing, clay/gravel slope on which it sits, just across the Barbanne valley from its near neighbour Pétrus. These conditions are perfect for the ripening of Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The vines are at 20-25 years old.

 

The amount of pesticides used in the vineyards is severely restricted so as not to interfere with the environment. The vines are pruned by machine during the growing season but the harvest is carried out entirely by hand. 80% of the wine goes into oak barrels and the remaining 20% goes into vats. The wine is racked every 3 months, after a period of 12 months fining and filtration takes place to stabilise the wine before bottling.

 

 

TRY THEIR WINES


"Rosalcy" Lalande de Pomerol 2010
"Rosalcy" Lalande de Pomerol 2010 New!
One of our best price/quality Bordeuax red wines, this Lalande de Pomerol from Emeric Petit stands out from the crowd and is earning its stars with our regular Claret customers.

£26.95
Number